State Higher Vocational School in Tarnow
Who are we?
The State Higher Vocational School in Tarnow, Poland, was called into being as the first state higher vocational school in Poland in 1998. It has the broadest educational offer from 32 HEIs of such type in Poland. It consists of 6 Institutes with 19 Departments:
- Institute of Humanities: Department of English Studies, Department of German Studies, Department of Romance Studies, Department of Polish Studies,
- Institute of Administration end Economics: Department of Administration, Department of Economics
- Institute of Mathematical and Natural Science: Department of Chemistry, Department of Mathematics, Department of Environmental Protection
- Polytechnic Institute: Department of Electrical Engineering, Department of Computer Sciences, Department of Materials Engineering, Department of Electronics and Telecommunications
- Institute of Health: Department of Physical Education, Department of Physiotherapy, Department of Nursing
- Institute of Arts: Department of Design, Department of Graphics.
The School offers nineteen 1st cycle and three 2nd cycle degree programmes. There are over 300 academic teachers employed, including around 100 professors and associate professors. The total number of students exceeds 4000. The internal QA system has been very positively evaluated by the Polish Accreditation Committee.
Why we are participating in the project
At The State Higher Vocational School in Tarnow, Poland, believe it is important to collaborate on European level with institutions of Professional Higher Education to design effective, efficient and replicable interventions to the specific problems faced by PHE in the area of organizing mobilities for student nurses. SHVS believes that joint trans-national approach to PHE enables to harmonise and improve the overall quality of the PHE sector in Poland.
Our role in the project
The State Higher Vocational School in Tarnow, Poland, represents Polish professional higher education institutions in the project and will bring to the project the knowledge and experience on Polish PHE. Moreover, SHVS will participate in the consortium to produce:
- a collection of national and international practice and standards resulting in a briefing paper comparing collected standards
- a protocol for appraisal and audit of Settings at Hospitals or clinics to receive trainees
- an Audit and Monitoring Protocol of placements and addition of new placements within a learning environment
- a protocol for training and support of auditors to achieve benchmark audit standards
- a set of tools for Post-Evaluation of Placement-Quality
- a monograph on transferability
Malgorzata is a Doctor of health sciences and a Master of nursing, with nursing experience gained in the operating room, and the Department of Neurosurgery Regional Hospital. St. Luke in Tarnow, obtaining the title of specialist in the field of nursing in the operating theatre. Since 2003, employed as a lecturer in the Department of Nursing Institute of Health of the State Higher Vocational School in Tarnów. Since 2005 the Deputy Head of the Department of Nursing, and in 2012 took over the duties of the Head of the Department of Nursing. Course coordinator Neurology and Neurological Nursing (development plan and curriculum, script).
Anna is an M.A. in English Phillology, University of Adam Mickiewicz in Poznan, Poland. EFL and ESP teacher with over 20 years of experience as an academic teacher and manager of International Office. She is also an author and co-author of several academic publications in the field of Applied Linguistics and Distance Learning and Teaching
Aneta received a PhD degree in health sciences at the Jagiellonian University’s Collegium Medicum in Krakow. She has a specialization in cardiological nursing and internal diseases nursing. She works as a lecturer at the Nursing Department at the PWSZ in Tarnów.